Protecting your privacy is of paramount importance to us. We value the privacy of all our stakeholders as well as the communities we serve. Rainbow community House complies with the Privacy Act 1988(Cth) (Privacy Act), the 13 Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and all relevant Australian privacy laws.
What information do we collect?
It’s your choice how much information you wish to share with us, however depending on the circumstances we commonly collect:
- Personal details, like name or date of birth, contact details, including email, phone number, address, and your communication preferences.
- sensitive information such as health information and/or a criminal record is only collected when you are using one of the counselling services we provide and is only known to your therapist. Other information such as your racial identity, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation only if you provide these types of information.
Online and Social Media
We use Google Analytics and Facebook Analytics to track visits to our website and social media platform. These analytics are used to track the effectiveness of our website and social media content.
How will we use and share your information?
This depends on the reason why the information was collected. We will not use or disclose the information you provide to us for any purpose other than the one specified at the time of collection unless you provide further consent for us to do so.
Sometimes we have to disclose your information to other people for a specific purpose, such as when a criminal record check is required. We might have to share personal information if we are concerned about yours or someone else’s safety. If we use or give others your information, we will still protect your privacy.
Other than these special circumstances we don’t disclose your information to anyone else. Importantly, we don’t rent, sell or exchange your information without your consent.
Do we change this policy?
We may make changes to this policy from time to time without notice. Any changes will be reflected on this page.
How to make a query or complaint?
If you have a question or a complaint about how we manage your personal information or would like to know more, please
Call: 08 6370-4210 (Monday to Thursday)
Visit: 4 View Street, North Perth, 6006, WA
Terms and Conditions
By reaching out to Rainbow Community House, you agree to receive therapeutic support for your emotional, mental, and social wellbeing. You agree do disclose highly sensitive and confidential information that could be required to provide better counselling service.
To be eligible, you must be:
- 12 to 25 years old
- Willing to receive help
- Are questioning or identify within the LGBTQIA+ community
- NOT currently at high risk of harm* from others, to themselves or to others
- Not in need of urgent/emergency support