Stay in touch with our news and blog.
Reporting to: Director
Location: 4 View Street, North Perth, 6006
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Digital and Social Media Marketing Co-ordinator to join our team. Reporting to the Founding Director, you will be responsible for creating and managing social media campaigns from concept to execution and the day-to-day management of the company’s social media and digital properties.
Your passion for social media as a communications tool will result in the adoption and implementation of social media best practices across all social media channels. Through daily posts and interactions on each social media account, you will drive reach and engagement across all platforms.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, and a team player. You will be an active participant in data collection and analyses to consistently improve the company’s social media practices over time. The position is part time, 20 hours, spread over four days.
About Us: Rainbow Community House is a not-for-profit organization that aims to prevent suicide among LGBTIQA+ youths aged between 12 to 25. To materialize our vision, our therapists provide tailored gender affirming counselling sessions for individuals and families to improve the mental, emotional, and relational wellbeing of queer youths and ultimately prevent suicide and self-harm risks.
We are one of the few not-for-profit organizations based in Perth, Western Australia that works with LGBTIQA+ young people aged between 12-25. We provide a safe space where LGBTIQA+ youths can identify, explore, and develop skills, abilities, and knowledge to navigate struggles they may be facing in their lives and relationships. We are also a place where queer youths can discover and embrace what is important to them, a place to connect with other young people who are facing similar (and different) hardships and a space where they can celebrate the person they are becoming.
Digital and Social Media Marketing Co-ordinator Responsibilities:
- Developing consistent digital media content across all digital media touch points that are aligned with the organisation’s brand, vision, and identity,
- Creating consistent, meaningful including writing and editing social media posts, improving user engagement, and promoting social media campaigns.
- Creating, managing, and executing social media strategy for events we host and other community events across all major social media platforms. Responsible for every step: collecting viral content, writing copy where necessary, creating or requesting any accompanying image assets, and executing posts across each platform.
- Must be aware of trending topics and emerging trends in and about the LGBTIQA+ community
- Managing a moderate to high volume of daily social media posts.
- Building on existing social media and marketing strategy to strengthen the organisation’s brand and identity.
- Proactively identify and explore collaborations, including events that we can contribute towards the organisation’s vision and brand building.
- Using Facebook and Google Analytics to monitor and evaluate the organisation’s social media presence and performance.
- Maintaining website and ensuring that the content is SEO optimized.
- Suggesting recommendations to adjust the social media marketing strategy for optimal results.
Staying up to date on best practices and emerging trends in social media.
Performing other related duties when needed.
Social Media Specialist Requirements
- Expert knowledge in key platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Experience in social media copywriting.
- Experience with short form video creation and editing
- Intermediate experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Good social media experience including planning and managing content in a corporate, or agency setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and must have a thorough understanding of social media management and strategy.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Be able to work respectfully and effectively in a LBGTIQA+ environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field would be advantageous but not necessary.
- Ability to have fun!
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.